Gov. Wolf Announces $1.3 Million in State Funding for New Chinatown Community Center in Philadelphia


first_img Jobs That Pay,  Press Release Philadelphia, PA – Governor Tom Wolf joined Representative Mike O’Brien today to announce a $1.3 million grant to help fund the construction of the new Philadelphia Chinatown Eastern Tower Community Center. This project will create and retain nearly 160 full-time permanent jobs, as well as 500 additional jobs during construction.“This project will be a wonderful addition to this neighborhood, and provide real services and economic benefit to those who live and work here,” Governor Wolf said. “It will also revitalize the area along 10th and Vine streets, providing opportunities for additional businesses to develop and open, creating jobs and more economic activity.”“The creation of a community center serves to unite a community that was cut in half by the Vine Street Expressway,” Rep. O’Brien said. ”Affordable housing is much needed in this historic cultural community.”The mixed-use tower, which will be located at the northwest corner of 10th and Vine streets, will consist of 21,000 square feet of office space, 8,700 square feet of retail space, 17,000 square feet of recreation and event space, and 150 high-rise residential units.The $1.3 million Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RACP) funds will go toward construction of the commercial and community center portion of the $76 million overall project.“This non-profit and public partnership will create Chinatown’s first community center with a Keystone Star 4 early childhood learning center,” said John Chin, executive director of the Philadelphia Chinatown Development Corporation (PCDC). “It will also create over 800 jobs for the Pennsylvania economy.”The project will create 500 construction jobs, 480 spin-off jobs during the construction period, 159 full-time created and retained jobs, and 148 additional indirect full-time jobs, according to PCDC.Construction is expected to begin before the end of 2016, with an estimated completion date in the fall of 2017.Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf Gov. Wolf Announces $1.3 Million in State Funding for New Chinatown Community Center in Philadelphia SHARE Email Facebook Twittercenter_img October 20, 2016last_img read more

WICB shocked by Bravo damages claim – Grave


first_imgWEST Indies Cricket Board (WICB) new CEO, Johnny Grave, claims the body has been taken aback by a damages claim from suspended batsman Darren Bravo when an end to the impasse seemed imminent.Bravo has not appeared for the West Indies since November of last year when he was pulled from the team’s tour of Zimbabwe after posting an offensive tweet regarding WICB president Dave Cameron.The player took exception to the Cameron’s assertion that he was not given a better retainer contract because he had not deserved it and the incorrect suggestion that he had previously held an A contract. Bravo voiced his displeasure on social media platform Twitter where he called the top official an “idiot”.The WICB had demanded that the tweet be removed in 24 hours and an apology, none of which has been acquiesced to so far. After months of negation Grave claims he believed a solution was at hand.“I thought everything was agreed with his legal advisrrs. We didn’t want this to play out publicly but yes, it is true, his attorney is asking for damages and West Indies supporters deserve an explanation as to why he is not in the squad in Jamaica,” Grave told Espncricinfo, after claiming that terms of an apology from both parties had already been agreed to.“There is still a lot of sympathy for Darren. He was frustrated at the time of that tweet and we understand that. We want to move on and we want to move on with him. But that issue does have to be resolved before he can play for West Indies,” he added.Bravo claims for damages amount to US$120 000 and takes into account a loss of earnings for both the Zimbabwe and subsequent Sri Lanka tour, but also BPL and PSL contracts, and regional Caribbean competitions.Grave admits the inclusion of the T20 competitions was another surprise as the player has been quickly given No Objection Certifications (NOC) upon request. (Sportsmax.com)last_img read more