Wolf Administration Reminds Pennsylvanians to Wear Mask While Enjoying the Outdoors


first_img SHARE Email Facebook Twitter July 09, 2020 Wolf Administration Reminds Pennsylvanians to Wear Mask While Enjoying the Outdoorscenter_img Press Release,  Public Health Governor Tom Wolf and Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) Secretary Cindy Adams Dunn today reminded Pennsylvanians to wear masks while enjoying the outdoors when they are not able to consistently maintain social distancing from individuals who are not members of their household.“It’s critical that Pennsylvanians take opportunities to go outside and enjoy our many parks, trails and beaches. It’s good for our mental and physical health. But we must do so safely,” Gov. Wolf said. “Park attendance has increased dramatically, so Pennsylvanians should protect themselves and their fellow outdoor seekers by wearing a mask.”Secretary Dunn said recent Bureau of State Park attendance figures show people turning to the outdoors in record numbers. May 2020 attendance reports show 5.8 million visitors compared to 4.2 million last year. The parks system increased by over 1.5 million visitors, a 36 percent increase, and 18 parks experienced more than a 100 percent increase.“Last weekend brought a crush of visitors to almost all our state parks, and those numbers reinforce the need for all park visitors to be smart and safe by wearing masks,” Dunn said. “Our park officials tell us the holiday crowds were orderly and, for the most part, observing self-distancing but masks were not being worn by many. For the safety of all, masks should be worn, especially in areas where park visitors gather: pools and beaches when not in the water; restroom areas; and state park offices and visitor centers.”For updated state park and forest facilities, visit DCNR’s What’s Open and Closed map.Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine signed an order mandating mask-wearing on July 1. It remains in effect. Frequently Asked Questions about the mask-wearing order can be found here.NOTE: Video of DCNR Secretary Dunn on the importance of wearing a mask is available for download via PAcast.Ver esta página en español.last_img read more

MMH to open services lines starting immediately


first_imgBatesville, IN—After careful review of the current volume of COVID-19 patients and analysis of the supply of personal protective equipment (PPE), Margaret Mary Health feels it is safe for patients and staff to begin reopening several of the temporarily suspended services. Effective immediately, Margaret Mary Health will resume joint injections at the Outpatient Clinic, screening colonoscopies, screening mammograms, and bone density scans. Beginning Monday, April 27, outpatient elective surgeries will resume. The hospital plans to assess the status weekly to determine future service re-entry dates, including inpatient surgeries.“The temporary suspension of many of our procedures, including the screening colonoscopies and mammograms, was necessary as we prepared for a surge in potential COVID-19 patients, but was also concerning for the potential negative impact it can have on the overall health of our community.  Early detection equals better prognosis which is why these preventative screenings are so very important. When patients ignore symptoms, this results in a later diagnosis and often a worse outcome. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of coming in for scheduled screenings and appointments now that we’re able to resume these,” noted Surgeon Jon Geers, MD at Margaret Mary Health.President and CEO of Margaret Mary Health, Tim Putnam added, “I want to thank our community for following the stay-at-home order and social distancing guidelines. Your efforts have helped to flatten the curve to the point where we feel it is safe to begin reopening the services that many in our community need, and unfortunately have had to postpone since early March. We had a challenging period from the end of March through early April with an influx of high-acuity COVID-19 patients. During that time, we acquired necessary equipment, PPE and supplies, and developed a robust surge plan. Should another wave of this virus enter our community, we feel confident we are prepared to handle it. We will monitor patient volumes closely and continue to phase back in services as long as we continue to see a decreasing number of COVID-19 patients in our service area. If that shifts and begins to rise again, we will adjust accordingly.”last_img read more

Exclusive – Gerrard transfer latest! Liverpool skipper to replace ex-Everton star?


first_imgFormer LA Galaxy general manager Alexi Lalas believes Steven Gerrard could be the perfect replacement for ex-Everton star Landon Donovan at the MLS side.Liverpool skipper Gerrard has announced he will exit Anfield at the end of the season following an incredible 17 year stay with the Merseysiders.The 34-year-old will not remain in the Premier League and is hotly tipped for a move to the MLS once his contract runs out.And Lalas believes, with Donovan leaving Los Angeles, the move would be right for all parties involved.“If it is true it would make sense,” he told the Sports Bar, when asked about the rumours. “The Los Angeles Galaxy is one team he has been linked to and they are a team who are in desperate need of signing a big name player.“Landon Donovan who has been on that team now for a number of years has retired so there is a huge opening and I think it would make a lot of sense right now.“The guy is an absolute legend. I think he would be a wonderful addition to the Galaxy just from a practical standpoint on the field and off the field in terms of replacing him [Donovan] with a big name.”last_img read more