Injury worries for Arsenal manager ahead of Reds clash


first_imgThe trio will be given until tomorrow to prove their fitness.Laurent Koscielny is definitely out.Both the Merseysiders and the Gunners have been inconsistent this season and John Giles says they suffer similar problems.last_img

Coco Gauff gets U.S. Open wild card


first_imgSamantha Stosur, the 2011 U.S. Open champion, has also been invited this year along with French teen Diane Parry. On the men’s side, Jack Sock leads the main draw wild card recipients as he recovers from thumb surgery that has kept him out for most of 2019. The other U.S. players receiving wild cards are Ernesto Escobedo, Bjorn Fratangelo, Marcos Giron, Denis Kudla and Zachary Svajda.Antoine Hoang got France’s reciprocal wild card, while Australia has yet to name its recipient. Andy Murray says he needs time after skipping U.S. Open singles Coco Gauff will have the opportunity to build on her sensational Wimbledon run after being handed a wild card at the U.S. Open.The 15-year-old lit up the All England Club with a run to the fourth round, beating Venus Williams before losing to eventual champion Simona Halep. Serena Williams hopeful over back injury after Rogers Cup retirementcenter_img #DreamBig pic.twitter.com/NBdRG9jLuv— Coco Gauff (@CocoGauff) August 8, 2019The teenage duo linked up again to win the women’s doubles at Citi Open earlier this month.McNally reached the main draw at Wimbledon, too, and is joined by two other 17-year-old American wild cards in Whitney Osuigwe and Katie Volynets. Former college standouts Francesca Di Lorenzo and Kristie Ahn also made the cut.  There are limits to the number of tournaments Gauff can enter due to her age, yet she has been granted a spot at Flushing Meadows.Gauff last year won the girls’ doubles at the U.S. Open alongside Caty McNally, who has also been given a singles wild card. Related Newslast_img read more

Everton ace facing four weeks out but Lukaku injury ‘not serious’


first_imgEverton boss Roberto Martinez expects Seamus Coleman to be out for around four weeks with a calf strain.The full-back was injured during Wednesday night’s League Cup semi-final first leg victory over Manchester City.Tom Cleverley and Romelu Lukaku were also forced off with calf and ankle problems respectively.The sight of Lukaku in particular leaving the field was a major concern for Everton after he had hit his 19th goal of the season, but Martinez is confident the striker and Cleverley will not be long-term absentees.“Romelu had a knock on his ankle. We are going to assess him. I don’t know if he will be available for the weekend (the FA Cup tie against Dagenham & Redbridge) but I don’t think it is too serious,” said the Toffees boss.“Tom and Seamus are very similar, Seamus with his calf is probably the most serious, those things are between three to four weeks.” Seamus Coleman 1last_img read more