Fun times at last year’s Lola’s Ball.Fun times at last year’s Lola’s Ball.A SPECIAL fundraising event will take place in Limerick’s Greenhills Hotel on April 22 in memory of 17-month-old baby Lola Nagle.On April 15, 2015, her family’s word was turned upside down when they lost their precious little girl to meningitis. Nothing could have prepared them for the devastation that losing a child would cause and since then, they have worked relentlessly to prevent another family from going through their nightmare.By raising awareness of meningitis and raising funds for the ACT for Meningitis charity, they are working to ensure that no one faces the meningitis journey alone.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up On Saturday April 22, Lola’s family will host the second Annual Lola’s Ball at the Greenhills Hotel in her memory. Last year’s inaugural event raised a phenomenal €16,786 and all funds from this year’s ball will once again go directly to ACT for Meningitis.“We never thought meningitis would affect us but it did,” says event organiser and Lola’s sister, Leah Melling.“We are organising this ball to remember our beautiful Lola, to raise funds, but also to raise awareness of meningitis because knowing the signs and symptoms may just save a life.“We have been overwhelmed by the support we have received so far and would welcome any raffle prizes or donations to help make this night a massive success by logging onto www.idonate.ie/lolasball.”RTE’s ‘Winning Streak’ presenter Sinead Kennedy will present the Limerick event which will feature a full entertainment line up including Tiny Giants, MizDrea, Leon Anderson, Laura McLoughlin’s Fame Academy Dancers, DJ Ian McLoughlin and lots of surprises throughout the night.Tickets cost €60 or €540 for a table of ten, and are now on sale at the Greenhills Hotel, through the www.idonate.ie/lolasball link or by calling Vanessa at 083 3475109.by Alan [email protected] Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live NewsLocal NewsBattling meningitis as a lasting memorial to LolaBy Alan Jacques – March 5, 2017 978 WhatsApp Advertisement RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR TAGSACT for MeningitisfeaturedGreenhills HotellimerickLola NagleLola’s BallMeningitis Email Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash Print Previous articleUnique night of choral enchantment by AnúnaNext articleMarching band competition will bring 1,000 musicians to Limerick Alan Jacqueshttp://www.limerickpost.ie Twitter Facebook Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Linkedin Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace”
Ann (Nedderman) O’Hara, 93, Cincinnati, formerly of Batesville, died Feb. 13, 2018.One son, John O’Hara Jr., survives in Cincinnati.The graveside service is Friday, Feb. 16, at 1 p.m. at Bridgetown Cemetery, Cheviot, Ohio.
Arsenal star Santi Cazorla 1 Arsenal playmaker Santi Cazorla has poured cold water on speculation linking him with a return to Spain this summer.According to reports, Cazorla has been a target of Primera Division champions Atletico Madrid but the Spain international insists he knows nothing more than has been suggested in the papers and is only focused on doing well with the Gunners.When asked about the links to Atletico, the 29-year-old, who scored the opening goal in Arsenal’s 3-0 win over Manchester City in Sunday’s FA Community Shield, told Spanish radio Cadena Cope: “I’ve seen that in the papers, but nobody has told me anything personally and the only things I know are from the papers, so I don’t know anything.“I’m only focused on training here and preparing well playing with Arsenal. It’s paper talk.“I’m well, I have the confidence of everybody, the support of the fans and we hope to have a good season.”
Paul Clement says John Terry snubbed a move to the Premier League as he didn’t want to play against his beloved Chelsea next season.The Swansea City boss was among a host of top-flight bosses keen to land the ex-England captain on a free transfer this summer following his departure from Stamford Bridge.But Terry has opted to drop into the Championship to join Aston Villa and Clement, who enjoys a close relationship with the 36-year-old dating back to his time on the coaching staff at Chelsea, fully respects his decision.Speaking exclusively to Jim White on talkSPORT, he said: “My understanding of the situation is that, with John and his relationship with Chelsea, he was going to find it difficult to be a direct competitor of them in the Premier League.“John is someone I know very well and have a lot respect for and have a good relationship with. Having known him since he was 16 years old and worked with him as well in the later years when I was an assistant at Chelsea, I understand very well his situation.“He has made a sensible choice. Aston Villa are a very good club, they have got a good manager, they have got a nice infrastructure there. “I think he is getting that balance between wanting to continue to play at a good level but at the same time not wanting to pull at his heartstrings really because it was difficult for him leaving Chelsea.”It’s been a quiet summer on the transfer front for Swansea so far, with Dutch goalkeeper Erwin Mulder the only new arrival at the Liberty Stadium.Clement says he is ‘getting close’ to securing more deals, with a striker top of his wishlist after Fernando Llorente fractured a bone in his arm in a freak accident while on holiday.But he insists there is no need to have a massive overhaul of his squad, saying: “We are just looking to strengthen in a couple of areas.“We wanted to do something in that position [striker] even before Fernando got the injury to his arm, so that becomes even more of a priority now.“We are hopeful he will make the start of the season but we’re not sure if that is the case yet so that is a position we want to add to.”